This is a deliciously creamy tropical dessert, especially when made with freshly prepared coconut milk. If you need a shortcut, you can use tinned coconut milk and it will still taste very, very good.
- 800ml coconut cream (2 tins or make it fresh)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup natural sweetener
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 4 Tablespoons natural sweetener
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cornflour
- In a medium saucepan add all the ingredients for the coconut custard and whisk together until the cornflour is dissolved.
- Place saucepan on medium heat and while continually stirring with whisk bring to the boil.
- Let boil for 1 minute, continuing to stir then remove from heat.
- Next make the passionfruit sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small saucepan, whisking together until the cornflour has dissolved. Over medium heat bring the sauce to a boil while continually stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat once boiled.
- Set out 4 parfait glasses as the serving dishes. Using half the passionfruit sauce pour into the bottom of each glass. Next pour in the custard and then top each glass with the remaining passionfruit sauce.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Serve straight from the fridge.